A License to Kill? Donald Trump’s lawyer contends a President has the right to break the law without facing criminal prosecution, even if that means ordering a political assassination.
That was just the beginning in an especially active week of lying and sedition by the Orange Menace as he:
- Resurrected an oldie-but-goodie lie. In 2015 it was Barack Obama who wasn’t a real American eligible to run because he was born in Kenya; in 2016 it was Ted Cruz, challenged for being a Canadian; in 2020 it was California-born Kamala Harris, challenged because her parents were immigrants. Now it’s Nikki Haley who he claims is disqualified because her parents weren’t U.S. citizens when she was born … in South Carolina.
- Refused to sign an Illinois election pledge not to overthrow the government.
- Went batshit crazy in a New York courtroom, with the judge finally telling him to (in effect) shut up.
- Continued to raise millions on his every manifestation of personal grievances.
Meanwhile, the first actual voting in the 2024 presidential campaign is Monday: the battle for runner-up.
- The latest polling shows potentially big trouble for Joe Biden, and a statistical tie in the U.S. Senate race.
- The circular firing squad once known as the Republican Party has become a total mess with two factions both claiming to be the real Republican Party – with no headquarters, but two separate websites each claiming they are the official website.
- Leaders of the MAGA-centric party (parties?) want to eliminate primary elections for their ticket, leaving the decisions to a handful of party activists.
- A federal court has given the Independent Citizens Redistricting Commission just 3 weeks to come up with a new state House map for southeast Michigan.
- Onetime Trump critic Mike Rogers has done a 180 in hopes of landing a U.S. Senate endorsement.
- And Bill Schuette Jr. says he’s not running for Congress – a blow to Republican chances to flip Michigan’s 7th congressional district.
This episode is sponsored in part by EPIC ▪ MRA,
a full service survey research firm with expertise in:
• Public Opinion Surveys
• Market Research Studies
• Live Telephone Surveys
• On-Line and Automated Surveys
• Focus Group Research
• Bond Proposals – Millage Campaigns
• Political Campaigns & Consulting
• Ballot Proposals – Issue Advocacy Research
• Community – Media Relations
• Issue – Image Management
• Database Development & List Management