This episode is sponsored in part by EPIC•MRA Public Opinion Research
Jim Jordan keeps going downhill in his quest to win the worst job in government. He’s now lost 3 votes and 1 closed-meeting secret ballot with more Republicans opposing him each time. Jeff and Mark do a deep dive into the political implications in Michigan for the 2024 federal elections in our state.
Also this week:
- Trump lawyers Sydney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro have flipped in the Georgia RICO case – bad news for fellow Georgia defendants Donald Trump, Mark Meadows and Rudy Giuliani.
- Mike Rogers tries to distance Senate campaign from his anti-abortion record
- The new campaign finance reports show two fundraising juggernauts in Michigan – Elissa Slotkin and John James.
3Q 2023 House fundraising reports roundup
3Q 2023 Senate fundraising reports roundup
- First-term congressman Shri Thanedar is a target for Detroit Democrats in the 2024 primary
- Surprise surprise: a major Republican donor is backing ultra-left presidential candidate Cornel West.
And we also have an exclusive first-person update on covid in Michigan. Cases, hospitalizations and deaths from covid are continuing to decline – but we have proof positive covid hasn’t disappeared. Jeff Timmer is in Day Five of a nasty case of covid, but managed to find his podcast microphone: a real trooper! In the words of philosopher Yogi Berra, “it ain’t over until it’s over” … and for Jeff and his wife, it ain’t over!
EPIC ▪ MRA is a full service survey research firm with expertise in:
• Public Opinion Surveys
• Market Research Studies
• Live Telephone Surveys
• On-Line and Automated Surveys
• Focus Group Research
• Bond Proposals – Millage Campaigns
• Political Campaigns & Consulting
• Ballot Proposals – Issue Advocacy Research
• Community – Media Relations
• Issue – Image Management
• Database Development & List Management